Here at Military Experience and the Arts (including individual projects therein: The Journal of Military Experience, The Blue Falcon, The Veterans’ PTSD Project, As You Were: The Military Review and other entities located at this domain), we understand and respect your concerns about the use of your personal information. We believe that you should know what information about you we collect, as well as how that information is used, maintained, and, in some cases, shared. This page sets forth our privacy practices and policies regarding copyright and the transmission of materials to our staff.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns. You can contact the MEA President by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Submit?
- Anyone may submit an original poem, story, article or work of art to Military Experience and the Arts provided he or she owns the copyright or is authorized by the copyright owner(s) to submit the article.
General Submission Rules
- Publication in the Military Experience and the Arts takes place in three stages: Submission, Acceptance, and Publication
- Sending us your work constitutes a submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable with the caveat that their being considered for publication elsewhere may preclude workshopping and detailed editorial guidance.
After submission, you will be asked to acknowledge a copyright assignment and agree to an editorial review process. The document you are reading is for your protection; it spells out the rights you retain to your intellectual property as well as the rights that we retain. (See ” Military Experience and the Arts and Author Rights,” below.)
- Acknowledging the copyright assignment and agreeing to the editorial review process is a requirement for acceptance.
- You will be notified of your acceptance for publication in an upcoming volume. Once your work has been accepted we ask that you not submit your work elsewhere until after publication.
- Once your work has been accepted you must complete the publication process.
- Your work will be reviewed by our editorial staff and you might be asked to make changes or offered suggestions for improvement. The editor assigned to your work determines, ultimately, if your work meets the standards of publication. The editorial review process is designed to help authors/artists meet those standards.
- If you submit your work, agree to and return the release form, complete the editorial review process, and meet the content standards decided upon by the staff member assigned to your genre, your work will be published in an upcoming volume.
To Submit a Work:
- You must be the author/artist, or the authorized agent of the author(s)/artist(s) and copyright holder (if different from the author(s)/artist(s));
- the author(s)/artist(s) must have approved the work for publication;
- the author(s)/artist(s) must have agreed to submit the work to Military Experience and the Arts;
- the author(s)/artist(s) must accept full responsibility for the content of the work;
- the work must be the author(s)/artist(s) original work and must not contain any libelous or unlawful statements or infringe on the rights or privacy of others or contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury
- the work must not have been previously published, is not pending review elsewhere, and will not be submitted for review elsewhere pending the completion of the editorial decision process at Military Experience and the Arts. (Simultaneous submissions will be considered “as is.”)
- By submitting the work, you represent and warrant that the above are true. Further, you agree not to publish the work elsewhere until after publication with Military Experience and the Arts.
- Military Experience and the Arts is not under any obligation to publish the work. We will send you notices at the email address associated with your account.
- Double-spaced, 12 pt font
Military Experience and the Arts and Author Rights
- By submitting your work to the Military Experience and the Arts you assign us first- and non-exclusive anthology rights to reproduce the above listed work physically, electronically (in full or in part) and in any media currently or later developed. As author/artist you retain rights to be identified as the author wherever and whenever this submission is published and the right to use all or part of the work with or without revision or modification in compilations or other publications. Any such latter publication(s) should recognize Military Experience and the Arts as the original publisher.
Attribution and Usage Policies
- Authors retain the right to reproduce and use their works as they see fit. Readers acknowledge that reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium requires credit to the copyright holder.
- People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
- Users of the Military Experience and the Arts website and/or software agree not to misuse the website or any of its third-party associates’ websites in any way.
Collection and Use Of Information on This Website
- Military Experience and the Arts is the sole owner of the information collected on this website with the exception print materials or online archives at included on the websites of universities and other partners.
- Information collected on the Military Experience and the Arts web site is done to fulfill requests to include, but not limited to, Military Experience and the Arts publications and asking for Military Experience and the Arts information.
- Military Experience and the Arts is dedicated to protecting your privacy. As such, we treat all information collected on this website as confidential. We gather information for our website, research, marketing and to better serve your interests relating to our future publications.
Information Collected About You and Our Use of This Information
- In general, you may visit our website without revealing any personal information other than technology-related information described in the section below. However, certain sections and features of our website are only available to registered users of our website, who must enter a unique user ID and password. We collect and store personal information related to each user ID when you register for an account and use our website. We also collect and store any personal information and other data you have provided to us via our website, by email, or otherwise. Specifically, we collect and store in a database your name, mailing address, and email address, and may also collect and store your phone number, date of birth and other information you may provide to us. We use this information to respond to any inquiries you may submit to us, to track and monitor usage of our website and to communicate with you about your use of our website. In addition, we may use this information to send you periodic publications associated with Military Experience and the Arts, unless you inform us that you wish to opt out from receiving such communications via e-mail. We also use your contact information to operate this website; in particular, to facilitate postings on our discussion forums.
- Our website collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you navigate through the website. This information is collected site-wide, and includes anonymous website statistics. When you visit our website our system automatically collects information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to analyze trends, improve our website, track user movement and enhance the services we provide.
- The following describes the types of information we may collect about you, and how we use and maintain that information:
- Military Experience and the Arts may collect personal information about users. Any personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, or story) provided by users may be used by Military Experience and the Arts or its respective affiliates, employees, agents, third-party content providers, third-party service providers, technical providers, or licensors, if any, as they may determine, without any compensation or consideration to the user. Further, by a user submitting content to Military Experience and the Arts, which may include the user name, photos, text, or otherwise, such user grants Military Experience and the Arts the right to review and categorize such content and to use such content in connection with its web activities. If Military Experience and the Arts desires to use the user’s content other than in connection with its web activities or print/online publications (such as sharing portions of your work with third party sites for promotional purposes) the user will be notified via e-mail, telephone or regular mail of its desire and a formal agreement will be negotiated.
- Simply sending us your work gives us permission to print. However, we will not print your work if you openly and clearly state in the email that you do not want us to print it.
- We may retain any data you provide to members of our staff through email or other correspondence.
- Regrettably, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we are dedicated to protecting your personal information, Military Experience and the Arts is unable to ensure the security of information you transmit to us on the internet. Therefore, you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your internet transmission, we do our best to ensure your information’s security on our system.
When Your Information Will Be Shared Or Disclosed
- We routinely provide your name, mailing address, and e-mail address to unaffiliated third parties that manage our mailing lists and prepare communications with users of our website. We do not sell your contact information to third party vendors.
- We will comply with any subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes for any of the information about you in our possession, and we may use such information to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- We may provide aggregate information, such as the number of users who visit a particular linked site, to other parties.
- In addition, information about you in our possession may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which your personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Although our websites may be accessed by children under the age of 13, we will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from such children without the consent of a parent or guardian. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from children under 13 and have not received consent from a parent or a guardian, we will promptly delete such information from our databases.
Changes To This Policy
Update Information And Suggestions